Thursday, December 01, 2005

Try Again


I got an e-mail a couple of weeks ago from this band who I had heard of through Gorilla vs. Bear. Chris posts a hecka lot of new artists all the time so I don't always check out each and every one. Such was the case for this band, Empty Rooms. Well I took a listen to the mp3's they offer on their site and I like them pretty well. They kind've sound like a more opened-up Interpol or maybe more like American Analog Set with a few more British influences or something. There's a bit of reverb and the songs are the perfect songs for overcast days like today. Take a listen and buy their EP if you'd like.

Docks in the Distance
Try Again

2 comments:

King Dan said...

Hey, I'm new to the site and I really like it. I was wondering though, since you seem to have alot of cover songs, if you posted Ted Leo covering "Since You've Been Gone" and "Maps" I heard it a while back and haven't been able to find it since. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

yeah I do have it. I'll post it in a bit.