Friday, December 30, 2005

Fashion Abel


I've said it before that my local town is pretty barren of music. The only thing that's come from Tyler it seems is Eisley. The band is all siblings, for those of you that don't know. Their parents own a church/coffee shop that they used to play at a lot. The first and only time I ever saw them they were playing there, and a couple bands opened for them, namely Ester Drang and fellow locals The Connotations. Now I think Eisley is a pretty sleepy bunch and didn't enjoy them too much. Ester Drang was along the same lines.

The Connotations, in my opinion, should have been the band to blow up. Their songs were pop-perfect and everyone in the band have the nicest personalities. The band was still in high school at the time, and when college time came I think they started to break apart. Most of them went to UT at Austin and they made a few songs and broke up. I am glad to hear, though, that their lead singer is still making music and actually was just signed to a label.

His name is Taylor Muse and he goes by the name Quiet Company. He was signed to Northern Records and is releasing an album, Shine Honestly, in spring of 2006.

Quiet Company-Fashion Cain, Fashion Abel

Check out more Quiet Company at his MySpace.

3 comments:

gfiglsdfdfsdfsdf said...

just wanted to say happy new year
ive been a satisfied downloader
for a few months

so thank you

mikejonze said...

I THOUGHT THESE SONGS WERE PRETTY SLICK, TOO.
HAPPY NIZZ!

Cheap guild wars 2 gold said...

just wanted to say happy new year
message from gw2 gold