Friday, December 02, 2005

Plugging

I just wanted to urge you all to go vote in the Plug Awards if you haven't yet. There are a lot of great artists up for awards, and it's a bit difficult to choose. Anyway, if you haven't voted, please do. You can do so by going here and submitting your ballot.

Also, if you're in the Dallas area, be sure to check out Voxtrot playing tonight at the Cavern. I doubt I really need to hear stuff by them (if you do, just search for them on here and you'll find about 10 posts about them), but maybe you just need a little nudge into going. They're playing with Castanets (which seems like a weird pairing to me) and this band from Denton called Shiny Around the Edges. We saw them open for Castanets and they're a pretty good country band. Here's two songs by them.

In the Heart
Waiting for the Night

Someone asked me for this in the comments yesterday. It's Ted Leo covering Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone" and then throwing in a bit of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' "Maps" during the part where SUBG sounds all Mapsy in the guitar. Yeah. It's a pretty great track.
Ted Leo-Since U Been Gone/Maps

Some people have told me that the Belaire cover of Kanye West's "Through the Wire" wasn't working so I uploaded it.
Belaire-Through the Wire

(Also, I only have 100 mb of space on EZ Archive so I'm gonna have to be taking down older mp3s. I uploaaded some that I had on my SiteSled account that died. If you want an mp3, don't hesitate to e-mail me for it, or I might put up a SaveFile if a lot of people want it so it'll last longer.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the deuce? I'm dumbfounded right now. I have been a fan of Butch Walker since I was in high school (class '97) and when someone recently lent their Ted Leo disc to me, I thought he sounded similar to Butch Walker. Definite plus. A couple months ago I got Butch Walker's electric live cover of "Since U Been Gone" and towards the end of it he throws "Maps" into the mix. What's the deal? Did Butch take a cue from Ted? Did Ted take a cue from Butch? Did they both hear someone more famous do it? I'm hoping someone knows.

Eric said...

Either way, the Ted Leo version of "Since You Been Gone" is great. I love how he strains to hit (almost) the high notes. Fantastic.

Anonymous said...

if it goes down, i'm going to post the belaire song monday on my blog so that if anything should happen, i'll have it for download over at clever titles.

i still dig that song like crazy though. is there more stuff by belaire that's availible online??????

Eric Grubbs said...

Sorry to use the cliche once again, but Ted is the man.

Sam said...

Hey - nice blog!