Thursday, December 01, 2005

Breakdown


I thought this was a really sad news article. One of my favorite female artists Nellie McKay apparently had a bad time at a recent show in LA. Defamer has the details:
She was talking to the audience about the problems she’s been having with Sony and someone shouted “Shut up and sing!” This seemed to touch a nerve with dear Nellie. After politely explaining to the miscreant that “If this continues with Sony, I will leave the music business, B****. And NEVER SING AGAIN,” she started screaming and crying and “They say I’m just pulling a Barbra Streisand,” and “You have NO IDEA WHAT I’M GOING THROUGH,” and corporations are raping the world, etc. etc. As the audience, who had previously been laughing and hawing at everything she said, stood there in uncomfortable silence.
That's pretty awful. I really really love McKay's first album (a double album, actually) Get Away From Me. The follow-up is supposed to come out January 3rd, including duets with Cyndi Lauper and k.d. lang. Exciting.

Change the World

Sorry about posts today, I've been pretty busy. Am working on getting a file host so be ready for that!

No comments: