- Seeing Hot Chip at the Parish after waiting nearly 40 minutes to get in. Totally worth it.
- The Rakes. They were my #1 band of SXSW. Completely blew me away live, their energy and the singer's Ian Curtis-esque dance moves made me dance both times I saw them (The Flamingo Cantina on Wednesday and Urban Outfitters on Saturday)
- The Gossip were also an amazing show on Thursday night at Emos Annex.
- Finally seeing Belle and Sebastian (be it from far away), my blog's namesake. And they even closed with the song! Too perfect. I missed the New Pornographers though.
- Meeting Shara Worden, or My Brightest Diamond a few times and being able to talk with her. She and my sister have been friends going on 10 years! Craziness. Also she said her album Bring Me the Workhorse is going to be put out by Asthmatic Kitty in August! Too awesome.
- My first interview!!
- Finaly seeing Voxtrot and it being totally worth it.
- Seeing the Fiery Furnaces play on a porch at Red's Scoot Inn even if the sound equipment wasn't the best and the band was irritated, the energy was still there.
Monday, March 20, 2006
Okay so yesterday was exhausting, my plane from Denver to SLC got delayed because of snow (!!!! I hate snow!!) and yeah. Just completely long and all I wanted to do was pass out. Then I wake up today and realize I have quite a bit of schoolwork to be doing until Wednesday. So I was going to type up the interview I did but I think it won't be coming till the end of the week. So here's a little recap of some of my favorite bits of SXSW. You'll see these all over the blogs and probably be annoyed and ask "where is the music?" I want to know too.
Posted by Michael at 10:28 AM