Monday, March 20, 2006

Coastal Sin


I got an e-mail a few weeks ago from a band called Lions and Tigers if 'd like their new EP. I said yes and received it, Witch, in the mail and love it very very much! It only has three tracks and I think they might be demos, but each song sounds a little different. They don't stick with one sound, they diversify, which is very promising to hear from a young band like them.
Formed at Martha's Vineyard, Lions and Tigers are four friends who finished recording their first album Zaire in five days and are finishing it up. If the record is anything like the tracks I've heard, it's going to be a great one. The sound on "Coastal Sin" is post punk at its best, but then other tracks like "My Only Edge" sees the band slowing down a bit but never losing the sound. It sort of reminds me of The Rapture or Liars' first album except a little more put together.

Lions and Tigers-Coastal Sin
Listen to a few other tracks on their website.
Be their friend.

No comments: