Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Ohhh Man

Sorry I've been post-sucking lately, but I'm going to have to pull the End-of-the-Year Student Card on this one. I only have two more weeks of classes so I have to be getting ready for finals and junk, plus condensing all my crap to take home to Texas. I'll be driving back (well, riding with someone) like the 29th or something so if anyone has any good road songs that'd be good. A twenty + hour drive can be grueling I know.

Anyway the most exciting thing to happen to me was seeing my name in the CD booklet of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs' new CD Show Your Bones. The album's been blogged to death but hey. So when they were making the artwork they asked people to send in "flags" and I kinda did mine last minute and just drew it. So you can barely see it in there but hey, I know it's there. And muh name too. Super cool. Check the scan if you care.

PS do you like Swedes? Yes? Me too! Check out this band from Linköping, Sweden called Marching Band. Their music is pretty jangly guitar pop that you like to hear on spring days such as these. A little bio:
Marching Band (formerly known as Second Language) is Erik Sunbring and Jacob Lind. We live together and make life hard for our other flatmates by creating music at inappropriate hours. Two bikes, one laptop, three microphones and a shameless use of other peoples instruments is the recipe for a Marching Band recording.
They have beautiful photos of themselves too! Soooo spring! I love it. Trees around here are starting to bloom and the snow's gone and hopefully won't come back, so I am loving Marching Band right about now. They have two self-titled EPs that you can order by e-mailing the band, so get on it!!
Letters
Home Alone VI

3 comments:

jenny said...

Wow I really like Los Marching Band. It is excellent. That photo is pretty sweet as well and congratulationary on your drawing. That is raaad.

i i eee said...

Awesome! Congratulations on your flag being chosen and having your name in the booklet!!! That is so cool!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
» » »