Thursday, April 06, 2006

I Can't Believe You


I have to admit, I'm pretty frikken sick of Utah weather. First we are teased with 72 degree weather on Tuesday and then it rains all day yesterday, which is very springish I guess so that's okay. But today is just ridiculous. I get out of work this morning and it's SNOWING. I cannot believe this. April 6th and it's snowing. Ohhh my gosh. I can't stand it. This makes going to class the last thing I want to do.
Let's just say I can't wait to get back to 100% humidity and 100 degree Texas weather at the end of the month.

Oh! So the winner of yesterday's contest was Jeff K who said Sunset Rubdown's new album is his favorite rainy day weather. Maybe I'm commiserating because he said it was snowing yesterday in New York, but that's what happens when I'm miserable with snow flurries. In case you were wondering, my favorite rainy day album is Cat Power's Moon Pix. Maybe it's the thunderclaps in "Say" that have me always thinking it's raining and that Chan Marshall is just what I need. One of my favorite snow records is Joanna Newsom's Milk-Eyed Mender. Just watching the snow fall and the harp and everything is just perfect.
This Cat Power track isn't off Moon Pix, it's actually a track that was cut off You Are Free.

Cat Power-Leopard and the Lamb
Joanna Newsom-Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie

7 comments:

jenny said...

Amen to the weather comment. I too did not want to go to class.. I made it to one. Volleyball. Clearly, I have my priorities in order.

Anonymous said...

"The Leopard and the Lamb" is a traditional song. It was in Chan's live sets right around the time MoonPix came out, so I assume she was thinking about it for "The Covers Record," most likely.

coxon le woof said...

That Cat Power track is soooo good. Her voice melts me.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

yeah.. definitely skipped everything today. texas here i come

Anonymous said...

This is funny... I am in Love Shack recods in Nevada City, California and Joanna was just in here and i showed her what you said. She smiled.

Anonymous said...

okay that is craaazy anonymous.

Anonymous said...

actually leopard and the lamb is not a traditional song......chan wrote it......was often played on tour with mark moore on guitar who is accompanying her now i think..........one of my very fave cat power songs