Wednesday, May 24, 2006

More Brits

Okay while on the way to and at work today I was thinking a few things about British folk. After I made my early morning post about BYOP and the Noisettes, I realized, I made BYOP sound British but they're not. I neglected to mention that they're from Nashville. See? That's how British they are.

Two, I was listening to The Streets' The Hardest Way to Make an Easy Living. Okay I have to explain some backstory. I'm driving a 1986 (older than me) New Yorker and it talks to me. Not all Knight Rider-like, but he has this voice that tells me I forgot me keys, forgot to turn my lights off (very helpful, I always do it) and now keeps telling me my parking brake is on (as soon as I take the brake off). Anyway during "Hotel Expressionism" there was this voice that sounded exactly like my car. And I was wondering if my car was trying to tell me I was low on gas (oh another thing, during the day I can't see my dashboard because it's all digital so I can't tell how fast I'm going or how much fuel is gone) but it kept on doing it. So my point is, what is Mike Skinner subliminally trying to tell me? My fuel is low?

Thirdly and lastly, gallop over to Grean Pea-ness for a new-to-me-and-maybe-you Long Blondes b-side "Big Infatuation" and also read his thoughts on the Pipettes vs. Long Blondes. And then I was thinking about how I always post on the Long Blondes and I also post a lot on the Rakes, so I was thinking oh my gosh it would be amazing if the Rakes brought the Long Blondes along with them on their U.S. tour in July! I would die/quit work to follow them on the road. So, Rakes, if you read this, call up the Long Blondes and please hit Dallas, Austin, Houston, and my house in Tyler. Thanks.

The Long Blondes-Rakes Darts
from the Giddy Stratospheres 12". Buy it at Insound (it comes in a shopping bag, guys!)

Now I've gone and done it, talked more about my crappy car than music. Oh man now no one's ever gonna read my blog again! It's like when NPR turns to Car Talk and I tune it out. Yeah you do too! Stop lying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you kidding? car talk is one of the best shows on npr!

Anonymous said...

it is a joke. relaaaax. everyone lubs car talk.