Wednesday, February 01, 2006

LCD Soundsystem Demo Track


This right here is an unreleased demo track by James Murphy from awhile back. It didn't make it's way onto LCD Soundsystem's first album or as a single because, well, hear what James had to say about the track when talking to Pitchfork:
What a terrible song. I hate it. It's an old song that I worked on that I was unsatisfied with, essentially, and it wasn't relevant to my life anymore. It sounded like Peaches. I was really into Peaches at the time, having fun with drum machines. In the end, it wasn't me. Didn't feel right, and I didn't like it...it made its way onto the internet eventually. And that's where it should stay. If people have the song and they like it, hell they care if it's on the record or not? It's not a good song.
The feature Pitchfork was doing was a sort of Jukebox Jury. It's interesting to hear what he has to say about other music and about his own. The song isn't as strong as other stuff off the album, but I don't think it's that awful. Have a listen.

Where is Love

ALSO! Check out this amazing my DFA loves Hot Chip. It's for their song "Over and Over" and it's pretty crazy.
Windows Media / Real Player

No comments: