Saturday, January 14, 2006

Alec Ounsworth


Sooo I'm pretty behind on that whole entire Clap Your Hands Say blogger fiasco of 2005. I didn't really write about them because I guess I thought you would hear enough of them and didn't need to hear it from me. And I never really gave the album a real run-through. I loved "In This Home on Ice" but the other songs took awhile. I've grown to love singer Alec Ounsworth's voice, and was glad to hear he's done some solo stuff.

Apparently he's going to be making an album with all of these songs he's made. I've been listening to a lot of country today, so hearing this song made my day even better. Very lo-fi blah blah just him and a guitar. His voice sounds really great on this track.

Wide Awake

Download all his other demos here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's originally from Philly, so I've gottena chance to see him solo when he does these one-off shows in between CYHSY shows. He's very good by himself. The music is a bit more in your face/ political/anti-Bush stuff. He talk more between the songs too. If he comes to your neck of the woods, it's well worth the price of admission.

Satisfied '75 said...

cool..i wasnt aware he did solo stuff. rock.

Anonymous said...

fear of god outlet
a bathing ape
off white hoodie outlet
golden goose
kevin durant
paul george
palm angels t shirt
off white x jordan 1
golden goose sneakers
jordan shoes