Friday, September 02, 2005

Puppetbox Sounds Like...

So this morning I got an e-mail from the drummer of this band called Puppetbox. Of course I had never heard of them or actually heard them before. They're from Brooklyn and they're not very big, which is why I probably hadn't heard of them. Well I downloaded the mp3s off their website that are from their new EP called 5% Louder Than Normal.

The song "Kimberly" reminds me a lot of old Weezer, say Blue era gone synthy. Especially the lyrics "You look like you could be much fun/you smell like bubblegum." Now this is a good thing. They're other song, "I Tried," is "a much more serious song that explores weighty issues like teen angst" according to their website. Well you check them out and see what you think.

Kimberly
I Tried

No comments: