Saturday, September 03, 2005

Giant Lemona

Have you ever heard of Giant Drag? Well I hadn't until today. My sister sent me their latest EP Lemona and I listened to it and loved it. Well I went a-searching for their website and I found it and lo and behold you can download clips from the EP and other songs from their website.

It reminds me a lot of early Liz Phair. I may not be the best judge of that but, hey, if you feel you've been wronged by Liz's shift towards pop since her last album, maybe you should look into Giant Drag to fill in that giant gap.

From what I understand Giant Drag consists of Annie and Micah. They'll be playing four dates with Stellastarr* and then jumping over to England to play several dates with Nine Black Alps.

09.08 Cafe Dunord w/Minipop show details
09.13 Cinespace w/Monsters are Waitingshow details
09.16 North Six w/The Icarus Line, The Rakes, Lion Fever, Pony Up! show details
09.20 Amoeba Music Hollywood show details
10.04 The T.L.A. w/Stellastarr* show details
10.05 The 9:30 Club w/Stellastarr* show details
10.06 Irving Plaza w/Stellastarr* show details
10.07 The Paradise w/Stellastarr* show details
10.17 Leeds CockpitNine Black Alps show details
10.18 Edinburgh The VenueNine Black Alps show details
10.19 Glasgow King Tut's w/Nine Black Alps show details
10.20 Newcastle Academy 2 w/Nine Black Alps show details
10.22 Liverpool Academy 2 w/Nine Black Alps show details
10.23 Manchester Academy 2 w/Nine Black Alps show details

No comments: