Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Tall Girls, Long Blondes


The Long Blondes are a mysterious band straight outta England. I don't know much about them and can't really find a lot of comprehensive information, or songs. All they have are three singles, two of which seem to be sold out, according to their website. The songs I have heard are great. Think if Electrelane sang a little more and went back to 60s. If you've ever seen the movie Beyond the Valley of the Dolls (I thought it was pretty awful/trashy), they remind me a lot of the girl band at the center of the movie. Pretty great, and I can't wait to hear more from them.

Appropriation (By Any Other Name) [Live] (follow link)
Autonomy Boy
Christmas is Cancelled

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, i totally agree, i love the long blondes i think they'll be big - i only wish i heard more of them. Kates voice is so unusual, i could listen to there unique sound all day.