Saturday, November 26, 2005

He Does a Good Cover

I feel kind've bad for saying it, but I don't go in much for Owen Pallett's (aka Final Fantasy's) own recorded material. He's opened for the Arcade Fire (co-arranged all the string parts on Funeral even) and wrote a song about Win and Regine. Is he always going to be known as the violin player for Arcade Fire? Maybe so.
But let me tell you, that kid does a good cover song. So far I've heard two covers, one a Joanna Newsom cover and the other a Bloc Party one, and I've loved both a lot. Maybe I just need to give his album Has a Good Home more listening time, but for now I'm stuck on these two songs.


Peach, Plum, Pear (Joanna Newsom cover)
This Modern Love (Bloc Party cover)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there!

I really like Owen Pallett and I would like even more if I could download the musics you've talked about but I can't. Can you place the files somewhere else, please? Thanks in advance.

Btw, great blog. ;)

Anonymous said...

should be fixed now. thanks for telling me.