Friday, July 22, 2005

Bedroom Walls / Fishboy

Every year after SXSW has come and gone, I find a new band that I like, only to find out they had played at the wonderful festival. A day late and a dollar short each year. The stars just don't quite align. Well, this year Bedroom Walls is that band.


While searching through Hush Records' website, I often like to see what they're distributing. Well the latest additions have been the new PDX Pop Fest compilation and two CDs by this band Bedroom Walls. From the cover of their debut album I Saw You Coming Back to Me I could tell they'd be the kind of aural terrycloth (does that sound awful?) I've come to know as a signature Hush sound.

So I checked out their website and much to my glee they have several MP3s for downloading. We love that. Also, they are a TV-approved band! Yes they've been on The O...wait...The 4400? You mean that USA show about alien abductees? You're kidding me, right? Okay no they're not. The song featured is called "Do the Buildings and Cops Make You Smile?" and they've released it on a 7".
Do the Buildings and Cops Make You Smile?
Winter, That's All
Your Idea of a Holiday (from their EP A Species of Idleness)

Look! They've even covered the Pixies!
Hey (ive at Piano's)

They also put up a few demo's from their upcoming album All Good Dreamers Pass This Way
In Anticipation of Your Suicide
Somewhere in Newhall (String Quartet Version)

Buy stuff here.
Really sorta unrelated but if you are looking for something to do in Dallas tomorrow, I'd recommend that you go to the Fishboy/Astronautilus instore at Good Records. Fishboy just had a new record, Little D come out.
Here's some Fishboy mp3s to convince you:
Aye Aye Sucka Sucka
Ray the Mover
Onomatopoeia

Special Extra Download o' the Day!
Work That We Do-Mike Watts, Petra Haden and Stephen Perkins (Sublime cover) left click, follow link

No comments: