Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Summer

I'm not feelin' so hot today so I'm just gonna throw up a load of mp3s for you to download.

Pitchfork reviewed both of these songs, giving them both pretty good reviews.
Antony & the Johnsons-Frankenstein
White Stripes-Though I Hear You Calling I Will Not Answer

Wilco-I Want to Be Your Dog (Iggy & the Stooges cover)
Lots of summer/beach songs for the first day of summer
Beck-Crap Hands (bonus track on the Japanese Guero)
The Ponys-We Shot the World
Bloc Party-Skeleton

Apparently it's not too soon for there to be a Bloc Party remix album including remixes by Ladytron, M83, Four Tet, Mogwai, and Nick Zinner (of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs) Rumored to be released August 29 (the day I start school, incidentally).

The Fiery Furnaces have updated their site with nifty Flash animation but sadly, no new news about their upcoming double album A Late Train of My Lost Love (the infamous grandmother duet album) and Bitter Tea to be released in August. They're expected to start touring again in the fall.

The Fierys performed some new material on KEXP back in April. These are .wma files
Police Sweater Blood Vow
Teach Me Sweetheart
Waiting to Know You

No comments: