Friday, June 24, 2005

I Need Directions

Funtime OK continues their great posting with Wolf Parade's CBC session and a new song that Sub Pop has put on their website from Wolf Parade's new album Apologies to the Queen Mary. Actually after closer inspection I don't think any of their Yousendit links are still alive.The bad thing about this album is that most of the songs on it will already have been heard by those eager enough to find it.
And in case you're wondering, Sunset Rubdown is the name of Wolf Parade's singer on holiday from the rest of the band. This mp3 has since been redone as a proper Wolf Parade song.

Wolf Parade-You are a Runner and I am My Father's Son
Sunset Rubdown-I'll Believe in Anything, You'll Believe Anything (c/o Molars)
Wolf Parade-Shine a Light

Molars got me thinking of another artist that I'm interested in hearing more of, Wooden Wand and the Vanishing Voice. This year they have four LPs coming out on various labels (Troubleman Unlimited, 5RC, and Soft Abuse)
Here's an interview with James Toth, Wooden Wand's leader from Foxy Digitalis

Wooden Wand-Sundrum Ladies (from their upcoming Soft Abuse release Harem Of The Sundrum & The Witness Figg)
Wooden Wand-Risen From the Ashes (from their 5RC release Buck Dharma; again, c/o Molars)

Wooden Wand is also going on tour victory lap this fall with Castanets and the Skygreen Leopards/I Heart Lung. Check out Wooden Wand's factsheet for the humongous list of tour dates and their equally hefty discography.


Order their Troubleman release Xiao which came out this past Tuesday.

Another of my favorite Troubleman alumni is Tracy + the Plastics which is, incidentally, one woman whose name isn't Tracy. Wynne Greenwood plays Tracy and her two bandmates Nikki and Cola who appear on a screen when she performs live.
Tracy + the Plastics-Henrietta

Also, in Living-Far-Away-From-the-Dallas-Metroplex-Sucks News, I'm most likely not seeing the bands I posted about the other day (Spoon and Voxtrot, namely). Do have fun if you are going.

So I was looking for direction in this post; did I find it?

1 comment:

Kevin H said...

Hey this is Kevin from Molars- that was a sweet post; thanks for the shout-outs. I had just removed the Sunset Rubdown song, but I put it back up a minute ago- it should stay up for at least a week, maybe longer-