Thursday, September 14, 2006

Sufjan Does Dallas


Soo Sufjan Stevens played his first show in Dallas ever. I think he said it was only his second show in Texas. Anyway he was pretty phenomenal.I was kinda worried because of the reviews I heard from the Illinois tour, but for having fifteen people on stage, they played together very very well. Unluckily for us, getting there three hours early turned out for bad pictures of Sufjan. His music stand/mic stand blocked our vision of him. Oh well it was still fantastic. He played just about all my favorites, especially the orchestrated version of "The Transfiguration."

Also, Shara Worden (My Brightest Diamond) opened and she was incredible! Her voice astonishes me every time I see her. She had a coupleof violin players with her which helped the songs come alive in a live setting. This was probably her first show in Dallas in four years CC said, so it was good to see her come home to such fanfare.

My Brightest Diamond-Something of An End

Sufjan Stevens-Sister Winter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to see them in Nashville on the first gig of the tour. Did they end up keeping the "They Are Night Zombies!! They Are Neighbors! They Have Come Back From The Dead! AhH!!" sing-along? It didn't work too well in Nashville, so I was just curious.

Anonymous said...

No they didn't play the song at all. Was kinda bummed about that. All we got was people singing along to Casimir Pulaski and John Wayne Gacy. Mehh