Friday, September 08, 2006

Happy Happy Birthday

Today marks the birth of 3 very important people (to me). First, it's our sister's. She's the coolest 20-something mom I know. She and I didn't get along as kids, but now, we are best friends. I really couldn't have asked for better.

Next, Neko Case turns 36. She's really become a huge part of my repertoire. Her music is the soundtrack to many a road trip. My boss says she could change the face of music. Her grandmother is Wanda Jackson, the first lady of rock-n-roll.



Finally, Aimee Mann is 46 today. It was hard not to fall in love with her from the first whirl of her Bachelor No.2 record. Then, when I saw her live, I fell hook, line, & sinker. How does that huge, gorgeous voice come out of that little body with what looks like very little effort? She has a new christmas album coming out called One More Drifter in the Snow. She starts her tour at the Austin City Limits Festival.


Neko Case - If You Knew

Neko Case - Train From Kansas City

Aimee Mann- I Was Thinking I Could CleanUp
For Christmas


Aimee Mann-The Christmas Song

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi. i far too Cheap Guild Wars 2 Gold simply heard about Husky save, but the track in which connected us has been area equipment and lighting. interesting photography. generally revealing to to discover just what a wedding band seems as if. the babe Guild Wars 2 CD Key seems like a new babe. always nice in a music group...