Thursday, August 18, 2005

New Wooden Wand

I was supplied with the new Wooden Wand & the Vanishing Voice CD Buck Dharma the other day. It's a bit hard to listen to. It's a lot of spacy noise and there's nothing straightforward about it. That's a good thing, but I can see putting it on as background noise if I was abstract painting or something. It's a bit strange. And you know I can't find a tracklisting anywhere for it. I did find the cover art though and that's something.

Their promoter has a really really long bio if you want to read it.

MP3's
WWVV-Return of the Nose (c/o The Selector) from their Troubleman album Xiao
WWVV-Risen From the Ashes (yeah I posted this before, what of it?)
WWVV-I Am the One I Am & He is the Caretaker of My Heart (that's the real title)

Wooden Wand and the Vanishing Voice will be on tour this fall with Alasdair Roberts. (maybe they'll be there?)
* w/ Alasdair Roberts (Drag City)
08/19 New York, NY Cake Shop
08/20 New York, NY East River Music Project
08/31 Somerville, MA PA's Lounge*
09/01 Martha's Vineyard, MA TBA*
09/03 New York, NY Mercury Lounge*
09/06 Columbus, OH Bourbon Street*
09/07 Cincinnati, OH Northside Bar*
09/08 Columbia, MO Ragtag Cinema*
09/09 Lawrence, KS TBA*
09/11 Denver, CO Hi-Dive*
09/12 Salt Lake City, UT Urban Lounge*
09/14 Oakland, CA 21 Grand*
09/15 San Francisco, CA Hemlock Tavern*
09/16 Big Sur, CA Fernwood Lodge*
09/17 Los Angeles, CA TBA*
09/18 Los Angeles, CA TBA*
09/19 San Diego, CA Voltaire*
09/21 Tucson, AZ Club Congress*
09/23 Austin, TX TBA*

No comments: