Tuesday, April 24, 2007

No Parking Lot

One of the cds that was released today was A Tribute to Joni Mitchell. There is a varied array of iconic-artists-in-their-own-right that pay homage to Ms. Mitchell. Sufjan Stevens, Bjork, Caetano Veloso, Prince, Emmylou Harris, Annie Lennox, Elvis Costello, KD Lang and others lend their vast talents to interpreting Joni's songs.

I was going to post the Prince song, 'cause it's killer and Prince fans are freaky and old-school like me. They will buy the cd even if they've downloaded the song. They like to hold something and thumb through the artwork. We are complete-ists. You new school kids are weird to me, but I bet you have a lot less to lug around.

Anyways, Idolator just beat me to it, so get the Prince song here. I think Elvis Costello fans are old school too, so here's his version of "Edith and the Kingpin."

"Edith and the Kingpin" (Joni Mitchell cover) by Elvis Costello

If you're new school, it's not too hard to find the full version of this song, but here's a teaser to entice you to actually spend money on this well done tribute.

"Free Man in Paris" (Joni Mitchell cover) Sufjan Stevens (teaser ~1min)