Friday, December 12, 2008

Top of 2008 #4


I'm really pleased that on my top ten there's quite a few new artists. I'm glad that there are still bands out there that can impress me as much as these bands have.
Hercules & Love Affair became an overnight success. Releasing their self-titled debut on DFA would help, but also that the record was just so likable didn't hurt either. The music is an infusion of disco, jazz, pop, and well, Antony. I'd always loved Antony Hegarty's voice, and hearing it to danceable music wowed me. But over all, H&LA makes me even more excited to see what they have in store for their sophomore record. In the mean time I'll keep groovin' to this one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Something about the singer of HERCULES & LOVE AFFAIR - that weird affectlessness - really gets under my skin. Ariel just turned me onto your blog - you fit my weird tastes well, tho I'm more on the Antony/Sufjan slice of life.

Looking forward to more,

Dudley Saunders
http://www.DudleySaunders.com
http://www.MySpace.com/DudleySaunders

Anonymous said...

thanks for reading! hope you enjoy and find some stuff you really like.

Anonymous said...

酒店經紀PRETTY GIRL 台北酒店經紀人 ,禮服店 酒店兼差PRETTY GIRL酒店公關 酒店小姐 彩色爆米花酒店兼職,酒店工作 彩色爆米花酒店經紀, 酒店上班,酒店工作 PRETTY GIRL酒店喝酒酒店上班 彩色爆米花台北酒店酒店小姐 PRETTY GIRL酒店上班酒店打工PRETTY GIRL酒店打工酒店經紀 彩色爆米花

Anonymous said...

Ariel justCheap RS Gold turned me onto your blog - you fit my weird tastes well, tho I'm more onDiablo III itemsthe Antony/Sufjan slice of life.